JDBC in Applets with Oracle DB

From: THSmith <smithth_at_nauticom.net>
Date: 1997/11/18

   Hi, I've been attempting to get java/jdbc to work with oracle over the past week. I've got it running for "applications" on the server, but I can't get client applets - the web browser apps - to fly on the client machines with Orcacle's JDBCThin. Also, I'm stuck with using Java 1.0.2 for AWT compatibility with Netscape and Internet Explorer.

  If anyone has got it to work, tell me how you did it. I'm not a DBA or pro with oracle (and not too fond of their manuals, either) .

   Thanks in advance for any help.

                    -THSmith

smithth_at_nauticom.net Received on Tue Nov 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message