SqlLoader - Binary data???

From: Paul <paule_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/11/15

I'm trying to load records that have a binary field in them into a table. The control script defines the binary field as a 4 character field. I calculate each byte (using substr & ascii functions and multiplication), add them together and put them into the table in a 'number' column.

What I have found is that some of the data converts into the wrong number. Yet others convert correctly. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to do this? We're running Oracle 7.3 on NT 4.0.

Any ideas? Received on Sat Nov 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message