Dev2k vs PB connectivity performance

From: <fgd1_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1997/11/14

These 2 questions might seem common, but I'm in a situation where a switch from Dev2k to Powerbuilder is being contemplated and I need some ammo for argument purposes. I'm aware of the development issues of D2k vs PB, but I'm mainly interested in the connectivity here (we have Oracle tables on a S/390 w. PC clients connected via Novell/token ring).

1.What are the performance or reliability benefits of connecting to Oracle tables through Dev2k/SQL*net as opposed to PB/ODBC?

2.What type of direct (non-ODBC) drivers are available for PB to Oracle, and how does that stack up against D2k/sql*net combo ? Received on Fri Nov 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message