update_cascade utility at govt.us.oracle.com

From: <c.a.bellmore_at_lilly.com>
Date: 1997/11/13

[Quoted] I've downloaded this very useful utility from the above site. Works just fine if there are no other triggers in place, but I have an 'on insert, before' trigger on a table which uses a sequence to populate a primary key using nextval from sys.dual. The Oracle version is 7.3.2.3.0.

This utility conflicts with the insert trigger populating the pk and appears to fire it again when updating. Has anyone got a work around using this utility, or any suggestions of how to populate a pk without using an insert trigger and not doing it on the client.

Any help gratefully received,

Clive Bellmore
Eli Lilly & Company