Re: SQL*Loader and SQL Operators

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: 1997/11/13

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:53:24 GMT, Scott Stout <Scott_Stout_at_alpha.xerox.com> wrote:

>Hello All...
>
>I have the following problem running SQL*Loader against a 7.3.3.0 database on a Solaris 2.4 platform:
>

>Any ideas as to why the TOPPINGS records are all being set to the last sequence number selected?
>I thought SQL*Loader processed, physical, records sequentially, is this not the case?
>
>Thanx in advance...
>
>Please reply to Scott_Stout_at_xn.xerox.com
>
>-Scott

I would imagine that this is because SQL*Loader uses a bind array to insert the rows. I expect that two such arrays will be built, one for each table. A single insert statement is then issued for each table.

The first insert uses the sequence.nextvalue to generate a number for the insert and so sets the sequence.curvalue to 3 which is then used by the second insert for all its rows.

You could try setting rows=1.

I don't think this behaviour is guaranteed to always work the same way. Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message