Re: Personal Oracle 8 and Developer 2000 1.4

From: Jeff Stromberg <Jeff_at_Ancept.com>
Date: 1997/11/13

David Woakes wrote:

> I've installed the above products in Windows 95 and cannot get any of
> the Developer tools to communicate with the Database. Any attempt to
> connect gets the following error:
>
> ERROR: ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not
> performed

Are you sure that you are using the correct SQLNET version? We had it running here and it worked fine. We always get that message when we install Developer after we install Oracle 8. Usually the only thing that we have to do is make sure that the TNSListener80 is running (and not TNSListener) then run the SQLNet Easy Config and it works. This is necessary to use any of the older tools such as SQLNet 3.3, Developer, or Designer. It did cause us trouble, but treating the database like it was on a remote machine and using a TNS Names alias seems to do the trick. Received on Thu Nov 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message