Printing on A4 paper

From: <tricia.roush_at_Sun.COM>
Date: 1997/11/12

Hi. I'm not a Oracle Reports 2.5 expert, so I really need some help. We hired a consultant to create some reports (with graphs in them) and a forms interface to call up the reports. Half my users are in the US the other half in Europe. We use Letter (8.5x11) paper in the US, A4 paper in Europe. We have two reports for each report - one for A4 one for Letter. However, when I select the "A4" report and ask it to print, it still thinks it should be printing to Letter sized paper.

I found a "ppd" file for my printer and put it in the guicommon2/tk23/admin/PPD directory. And then when the Runtime Parameters Form comes up, I have to "Choose Printer" and choose my PPD file, and then choose "Page Size" (both of those from the "File" menu) and choose A4. I don't mind having to choose the "Page Size", but my end users won't understand  what "PPD" files are.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Trish Roush

(P.S. Can you please send responses back to my e-mail address as I don't have access to this group at work? Thanks.)