Re: Seq in Parent - Des2K Question

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_jeffreyjacobs.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

In the TABLE2.ID column usage, set the flags to non-insertable and non-updateable.

Note that the value won't be generated until commit.

Lyne Eaker <eaker01_at_ibm.net> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I'm having trouble generating a sequence in parent (available in the
>Column Display tab on TABLE properties). I have a 1:M relationship
>between TABLE1 (parent) and TABLE2. TABLE2 takes the ID of TABLE1 plus
>its own ID column to make a unique ID for TABLE2. By setting the
>Auto-generation type of TALBE2's ID column to "Seq in Parent" Des2K is
>supposed to (according to the on-line help) automatically create a
>unique ID for each of TABLE2's rows.
>
>Example:
>
>TABLE1 ID TABLE2 ID
>--------- ---------
>1 1
>1 2
>1 3
>2 1
>2 2
>etc...
>
>The problem is that when I generate my forms based upon these table
>definitions, the TABLE2 ID is not auto-generated and Forms forces me to
>enter a value in this column. Is there a "trick" to getting this
>feature working or am I doing something wrong?
>
>...Lyne

-JJ

Visit our new website at http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 650-571-1457, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com
 Web: http://www.jeffreyjacobs.com Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message