Seq in Parent - Des2K Question

From: Lyne Eaker <eaker01_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/11/10

Hi!

[Quoted] I'm having trouble generating a sequence in parent (available in the Column Display tab on TABLE properties). I have a 1:M relationship between TABLE1 (parent) and TABLE2. TABLE2 takes the ID of TABLE1 plus its own ID column to make a unique ID for TABLE2. By setting the Auto-generation type of TALBE2's ID column to "Seq in Parent" Des2K is supposed to (according to the on-line help) automatically create a unique ID for each of TABLE2's rows.

Example:

TABLE1 ID	TABLE2 ID
1		1
1		2
1		3
2		1
2		2

etc...

The problem is that when I generate my forms based upon these table definitions, the TABLE2 ID is not auto-generated and Forms forces me to enter a value in this column. Is there a "trick" to getting this feature working or am I doing something wrong?

...Lyne Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message