Re: dbms_job

From: Ian Cary <cary_at_gatwick.geco-prakla.slb.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

jhudicka_at_dulcian.com wrote:

> I need to execute a database procedure using dbms_job.
>
> The problem is that NEXT_DATE does not seem to accept any value
> except for SYSDATE, and this is unacceptible, because I cannot know
> with certainty exactly when this procedure will be executed.

Joe,

I suspect the problem lies with the value you are passing to next_date. I tried the folllowing and it worked fine;

variable jobno number;
begin
dbms_job.submit(:jobno,'utils.cnt_rows;',to_date('11-NOV-97')+1/24); end;

Feel free to contact me for any further info.

Regards,

Ian Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message