Don't save block on commit_form

From: Mark Parssey <markpa_at_delm.tas.gov.au>
Date: 1997/11/06

[Quoted] I have a form with 3 blocks on it. The first 2 blocks are really just to get valid values from the db to build entries for the 3rd table, they both [Quoted] contain a single list item (as a combo box).

I found I needed to have them as Base Table Items for the blocks as otherwise when I ran my create_record code the items from the combox boxes [Quoted] were cleared out.

Unfortunately the second block utilises a view across 2 tables.

[Quoted] When I commit_form to save the new records in the third block it also attempts to save the values in the first 2 blocks. It will not save with a [Quoted] view such as I have and I am unable to insert the new values.

[Quoted] Either, how can I prevent commit_form "saving" first 2 blocks or how can I [Quoted] stop combo boxes from loosing data.

I may well have approached this is in a ridiculous manner and any suggestions on a better approach are welcome. Received on Thu Nov 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message