dbms_job

From: <jhudicka_at_dulcian.com>
Date: 1997/11/06

[Quoted] [Quoted] I need to execute a database procedure using dbms_job. I use dbms_sql to dynamically generate the dbms_job.submit statement, which looks something like the following: dbms_job.submit(19,'joe_proc',sysdate + 1/24, NULL);

This means that I wish to execute the procedure 'joe_proc' one hour from now, one time only. By default, job '19' will be removed from the queue after it is executed, because INTERVAL evaluates to NULL.

The problem is that NEXT_DATE does not seem to accept any value except for SYSDATE, and this is unacceptible, because I cannot know with certainty exactly when this procedure will be executed..

Please let me know if you know of a workaround. Otherwise, I beg all of you out there to submit a tar about this issue, so that Oracle will be encouraged to fix this bug, ASAP!

HELP?!? Joe Hudicka
jhudicka_at_dulcian.com