Re: Designer/2000 and Oracle8

From: rm <ssanderss_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/11/04

I've asked this question just yesterday.... here is the reply I've got. I did not have time to follow the advice, yet.. Hope it helps.

Rob.

: Connecting Dev/2000 to Oracle 8 (ORA-03121)
: When I am trying to connect from Dev/2000 applications to Oracle 8
: database, I get ORA-03121 (described below). How do I relink Dev/2000
: (Forms 4.5, Reports 2.5, etc.) to work with Oracle 8 database. I try
: connect to a database created on my workstation.

When running D2K on my NT box on which the database is also installed it's a
case of installing the SQL*Net client code under ORACLE_HOME (done when D2K is
installed) and then copying the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from ..\Net80\
admin to ..\Network\admin.

You may wish to try a similar thing on your configuration.