Re: how to detect records order in a table with no id, timestamp?

From: L. Tseng <lesliet_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1997/11/04

John,

[Quoted] Sorry for the confusion. Let me give an example:

insert into testtable values (2,b);
insert into testtable values (3,c);
insert into testtable values (1,a);

then, select * from testtable would look like this

  2      b
  1      a
  3      c

or
  3      c
  1      a
  2      b

or
  1      a
  2      b
  3      c

or the way they were inserted
  2      b
  3      c
  1      a

Without any other information availble, how can you tell the order of the insertion from select output?

--
Leslie Tseng