Re: how to detect records order in a table with no id, timestamp?

From: L. Tseng <lesliet_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1997/11/04

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.
[Quoted] I know this is true for Oracle, but do you know how this randomness would occor under MS SQL? I just could not generate an incident on MS SQL Server to prove what you said. (I insert and delete on a table hundreds thousands times on MS SQL). Is select implemented differently between Oracle and SQL Server?

Thanks,

--
Leslie Tseng