Re: Problems with Forms Debugger

From: Alex Heney <a.j.heney_at_btNOinterSPAMnet.com>
Date: 1997/11/04

On 3 Nov 1997 22:34:07 GMT, "Antonio Tortora" <antoniot_at_iwaynet.net> wrote:

>No I have been using the debugger just fine. I will admit that it is not
>the best debugger in the world, but it's better than nothing.
>
>Antonio
>
>Gautham Ramkumar <gautham_at_iwaynet.net> wrote in article
><01bce891$60b35a40$9f0101c0_at_gramkum>...
>> Whenever I use the debugger in Forms 4.5 I find some of the triggers and
>> program units missing. Why? Is this a bug in Forms? Has any one
 encountered
>> this problem

You can get this problem if you have one (or more) very large program-unit (including triggers) in your form. I'm not sure exactly where the limit is, but when you exceed it, you get a warning message on the compilation, and any program units or triggers later in the compilation sequence than the big one are not created in the forms executable.

The only way to debug a form which hits this problem is to split up the offending program-unit into two or more smaller units. Or if it is not called in the processing you are testing, you can comment out enough of the program unit to get it to compile.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Remove NO and SPAM from mail_id if replying via email.
Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.