Designer/Developer

From: Sheila Watford <swatford_at_oao.com>
Date: 1997/11/04

[Quoted] Hi Everyone,

I have some pretty open ended questions about Oracle's tools. I am looking for your opinion and/or any tips you may have on the following topics:

  1. Designer/2000 - How easy and useful is the reverse engineering feature? We currently have a prototype that functions against an interium database that needs significant modifications for the production database. Would it be worth while to start by reverse engineering the prototype and then making the necessary data model changes or would it be easier to start from scratch? (Note: the prototype was not developed using the Designer.)
  2. Designer/2000 - How much success have you had using the Forms Generator?
  3. Developer/2000 - How much success have you had embedding OLE2 objects, in particular EXCEL, in a form?
  4. Developer/2000 - Are there any guidelines for building an application, such as when to create a new form for a particular module vs creating more and more canvases/windows. Basically, how is an efficient application layed out in Developer/2000?

Thanks for your comments! Received on Tue Nov 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message