snmp and oracle

From: Vikas Chawla <vikas_at_home.com>
Date: 1997/11/03

Hi Guys,

We are having some issues with Oracle and SNMP on AIX.

Our environment is as follows :

Oracle 7.2 running on AIX 4.1.5 on RS/6000 980B model 7015 and using dbsnmp supplied by Oracle alongwith the Oracle supplied database MIB's

We are using ucd snmp utilities. When we do an snmpwalk it queries all the standard MIB's fine but when it reached the RDBMS MIB it says the "Cannot log in to Server" and does not query any other MIB.

We have checked the snmp.ora and all the config files and have not found anything amiss. If someone has configured dbsnmp on AIX please let us know of any apparent mistakes we might be doing or give us some insight. Your help is really appreciated

Please e-mail at vikas_at_home.com

Thanxs

Vikas Received on Mon Nov 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message