Re: Renaming a field

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/11/01

James Wj Snyder wrote:

> Hello Peoples,
>
> anyone know of a way to rename an oracle field. With ANY tool?
> --
> Peace,
> James Wj Snyder
> Shattered Rose Studio
> ** ClubWin Member **
> www.shatteredrose.com

Some people have go to the underlying data dictionary table and made changes, I have not, I am not that daring. I know this don't help you out now, but I'll be writing something in the next 3 months to handle that.

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net

Vice-President Ohio Oracle Users Group, try http://web.scioto.net/jtesta

That is also the place to find the FREE, "how do I build a second,
third, etc, instance, without using oracle's installer, database
scripts.
ICQ UIN: 4252226(Joe-N8XCT, Home) UIN: 2832230(&oracle, work).