des2k / web gen / input error

From: CathTierney <ctierney_at_stanford.edu>
Date: 1997/11/01

Sorry .. I'm new to designer / oracle ...

Using designer 2k 1.3.2 on winnt 4.0 against a oracle instance (7.3.3) and oracle webserver 2.1.1...

I've web generated a simple application and installed the webserver pl/sql ...

A couple of the fields are varchar2 input/update..

One of my users inputted some data into one of the fields ..this data has double quotes ("nt") in the data itself.

Now when anyone tries to update the record they get..

Error!
Update failed - please re-query as value for Assoc Pkg has been modified by another user

(Assoc Pkg is the name of the field)

What do I need to do in designer 2k so that when I generate the module as a webserver one .. some of those fields will be allowed to have double quotes '"' in the data itself?

thanks for all suggestions / thoughts ..

wtierney_at_stanford.edu Received on Sat Nov 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message