Re: Reverse Engineer

From: Fred Wiersma <fred.wiersma_at_cmg.nl>
Date: 1997/10/31

The only thing you need is to define a database in the RON. Just the name is enough. Note that when reverse engineering tables, the table storage clauses are NOT r-e'ed. Not your fault, but Oracle's. ("It's not a bug, it's a feature")

Fred Wiersma

Dan Clamage wrote in message <01bce528$64446df0$54110b87_at_clamagent>...
>> I am trying to reverse engineer a database, but I cannot get the
>> 'Reverse Engineer Database' menu item in utilities menu of RON
>> to even show up. Does anyone know which parameter is missing
>Hi Ken!
>Benn there. Before you can r-e a database, you have to proscribe a database
>to r-e into. In RON you will see the tree heirarchy which shows Entities
>(none yet), Tables (none yet), Databases-Oracle (none yet) and Tablespaces
>(none yet).
>Go to Databases branch and define a database -- the one you'll be
>generating into. It can be the same database as you already have, or a
>different one.
<Skipped rest> Received on Fri Oct 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message