Re: Benefits of stored procedures ??

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/31

Hi

You can ONLY gain by moving procedures
and functions that access the database off the client. You gain not only by improved perfomance for queries etc. but also by greatly reducing network traffic.

If you check out my web site at
http://members.aol.com/jomarlen
on my Oracle Utilities page you
will find 2 articles I wrote for Oracle
Informant magazine and a paper I
will be presenting next week at the
ODTUG conference in St. Louis.

Between them they should give you a
good insight into how to implement this.