TWAIN in Oracle forms

From: Tim McConechy <tmcconec_at_wie.com>
Date: 1997/10/30

We are attempting to develop a forms 4.5 application which will have the following capabilities:

  1. Permit usage of a scanner through TWAIN.
    • we have used the twain developers kit for this but we get cannot load twain source messages and there is no support for this.
  2. Reads barcodes from the document and classifies them using metadata. -I have no Idea how to do this????

Does anyone have any expertise in this they would be willing to share?

We are willing to purchase some VBX or OCX packages if they are easy to integrate
, but prefer to do it all from dll's or scatch. The main problem with most packages I've seen is that they do not allow you to try them out in Forms until you buy them.

Please Help or Advise! Received on Thu Oct 30 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message