Setting up failover server (unix)

From: Corry Retzke <no-reply_at_all.com>
Date: 1997/10/29

[Quoted] I'm setting up a failover system using two Sun Ultra servers running in a non-clustered environment.

Setting up the replication between the 'master' and 'backup' servers is pretty straightforward, but my brain is struggling with how to get the client(s) automatically pointed to the backup server during a failure.

Has anyone come up with any eloquent methods to accomplish this?

Please respond via USENET, as I've (obviously) hacked my email address to foil spammers.

Thanks

--
/* Corry Retzke        ---      Oracle DBA       ---      NorthWestNet

*/
/* The content of this missive is the sole responsiblity of its author
*/
/* and should not be construed as policy of his beneficent employer.
*/