Deferred screen updates in Forms 4.5

From: Ken Shirey <kshirey_at_commercial-data.com>
Date: 1997/10/28

[Quoted] [Quoted] Does anyone know how to cause Forms to defer screen updates until it has finished painting all of its windows? Here's the situation:

All forms have a toolbar, one base canvas, and a stacked canvas.

The FORMS_MDI_WINDOW is set to a specific size with Set_Window_Property

The client window (called ROOT_WINDOW) is maximized with Set_Window_Property

[Quoted] The canvas views are drawn (show_view, etc)

On my client's machines, it takes about 1.5 seconds for this to happen, and [Quoted] they see all of the extraneous flashing and resizing as Forms faithfully executes each command.

I tried using Get_Window_Property(FORMS_MDI_WINDOW, window_handle), and passing it to an ora_ffi routine. The routine passed the window handle to [Quoted] the LockWindowUpdate() function in user32.dll. Unfortunately, the window handle passed back from the gwp routine isn't the window handle of the MDI FrameWindow.

[Quoted] I'm really stuck, and my client is getting upset. Can anyone help??

Thanks a million,
Ken Shirey
Commercial Data Systems
281-243-1795
mailto: kshirey_at_commercial-data.com Received on Tue Oct 28 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message