Re: Error 1555(Snapshot too old) when running export

From: Ken Shirey <kshirey_at_commercial-data.com>
Date: 1997/10/28

Oracle Export allows you two modes of export for consistency purposes: CONSISTENT=Y (not the default) uses a rollback segment to ensure that any changes posted to the database during your export are not reflected in the export dump. Using consistent=Y requires a rollback segment large enough to hold the entire export. Since your rollback segment tablespace is limited to 250M, you will not be able to use the consistent option.

I suggest that you do this:

    at the appropriate time, when user interaction with the database is not required, ALTER SYSTEM ENABLE RESTRICTED SESSION. This will prevent users without the restricted_session privilege from changing (or viewing...) data in the database.

  Export the database with the CONSISTENT=NO parameter.

This should work much better.

KS