Re: database re-creation scripts

From: Dan Clamage <clamage_at_mime.dw.lucent.com>
Date: 1997/10/28

For $50 I'll send you a PL/SQL package that reverse-engineers an entire schema. It generates syntactically correct DDL statements for existing: Tables
Constraints (primary key/unique key/foreign key/check) Secondary indexes (ones not related to constraints) Views
Sequences
Synonyms
Grants
You can also specify each type of object separately if you only want to r-e one type or one specific object.

You must compile it as SYS, then run it from SQL*Plus with set serveroutput on and spool to a file.

As a bonus I'll include a stored procedure that lets you see the index definition for any table in any schema (also compiled as SYS). Dan Clamage
1450 W. 116th Ave #25
Westminster CO 80234
Include your email address with your check or M.O.

dechaine <dechaine_at_MCIONE.com> wrote in article <01bce152$cc54ab00$a4232299_at_frank>...