Re: Web Browser

From: Tim McConechy <tmcconec_at_wie.com>
Date: 1997/10/27

Dave Flynn wrote:

> Are there any Web browsers out there that will run D2000 1.5 Forms?
> Internet Explorer 4.0 seemed to work, but I get alot of untrusted Java
> applet errors - even when my Java security setting is set to low. Is this
> a problem with 1.4w as well - I do not seem to remember getting this error
> when I was testing that one.
>
> Does the HotJava browser also display html?
>
> Help!! (Thanks)

  Several Solutions:

  1. I download the java patch for netscape 4.0 at http://developer.netscape.com/software/jdk/download.html

2)Use appletviewer: See message in this group about f45web.jar above for details.

For IE 4.0 use quiet=yes in the HTML applet tag

i.e. (That will fix security errors)

In your html add the quiet=yes to the serverArgs param part:

<!--- serverArgs=module name and parameters like userid/password ---> <PARAM NAME="serverArgs"

       VALUE="module=e:\orant\ows\3.0\doc_9000\web_apps\myform.fmx
      userid=ouser/password_at_database quiet=yes">
</APPLET>

3) My problem is running web forms locally without the downloading...If you have any ideas let me know....

Good Luck, that should help Received on Mon Oct 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message