SQL*NET: "message file sp1<lang>.msb not found ?!?

From: Andre Schnidrig <andre.schnidrig_at_chkra.mail.abb.com>
Date: 1997/10/27

I tried to install the SQL*Plus package on a ThinkPad 760xl, Windows95, but when I tried to start SQL PLus 3.3 (actually the file Plus33w.exe) the error message

" message file sp1<lang>.msb not found"

appears. The files "sp1us.msb" und "sp1d.msb" are in the path c:\orawin95\plus33. The country settings are set to English(Greatbritain). On another Thinkpad we have installed the software as well - without problems. We copied the whole orawin95 path but nothing happens. The support line gave us as answer to change the registry setting for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ORACLE ->NS_LANG. No result.

Has anybody any idea how to solve this problem?

Many thanx in advance
Andre Received on Mon Oct 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message