SDO tecnology and GIS

From: Diego Taglioni <citycom_at_elsag.it>
Date: 1997/10/27

We are looking for information about building a GIS platform using a data platform which is shared by other applications. In particular, we have to use a GIS application to manage geographic facilities of a telecommunication network. We want to share data with a Network management platform. The primary goal in building this system is preserving data integrity and structure (as you know, most of GIS platforms manipulate data for their internal use in a way that makes data unreadable by other applications). Looking for possible solutions, we read information about Oracle SDO extensions, and we thought that a solution like this is optimal for preserving data integrity and structure. Oracle SDO tecnology, anyway, seems to be only an extension and support to spatial data. What we would know is:
1) does anybody know if there is a GIS platform which supports SDO extensions? 2) if any, does this platform have the API to build interfaces with Oracle?

Looking forward to hearing from You,

Yours faithfully
Marco Pettinella
Diego Taglioni

SW engineers
Elsag Bailey S.p.A.,Genoa, Italy

email: citycom_at_elsag.it Received on Mon Oct 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message