Re: Interview Questions...

From: <krishnanand_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/10/27

In article <34528945.29B8_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>,   Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk> wrote:

> I get some interview questions about Oracle. Could anyone knows the
> answers for the following questions?
>
> 1) In Form4.5, the user can do a query in query mode. Is there any way
> such that the query is processing more faster? (i.e. not just in query
> mode)
>
> 2) What are the differences between implicit and explicit cursors?
>
> 3) What are the tools in Oracle that can be used to tune SQL statements?
>
> 4) In Report, the content of the report contains two parts, left and
> right. Both parts are coming from the same table. Assume table PERSON
> store the rows which are student, lecturer or tutor.
> If we want the left part contains rows from PERSON who is student and
> the right part is select rows from PERSON who is teacher. There are two
> ways to do this. One way is using 1 SQL statment and the other is using
> 2 SQL statements. Which way do you prefer to use and why?
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy

  2. Explicit curosrs are areas in memory that are allocated as a result  of cursor statements in PL/SQL. These need to be explictily closed to free up cursor space. They are closed when U say close(<cursor name>). Implicit cursors are handled by Oracle itself - for all SQL stmts.

   3. Tuning facilities available are "tkprof" and "Explain Plan".