Web Forms won't run after upgrade to Dev2K 1.5

From: JPeter5558 <jpeter5558_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/26

FRM-99999 WEB Client Version too old.

Hi,

I just upgraded my Oracle Web Server from 2.01 to 2.1, and my Dev 2K from 1.4W  to 1.5.

Before the upgrade, I was happily running my Forms app successfully using both  the appletviewer and the HotJava Browser.

After the upgrade, the applet starts but aborts with the above message. My  Forms upgrade appears successful, and my java class files appear to be the new  ones. I have installed the new appletviewer that came with the 1.5  distribution.

Any ideas? My interpretation of the error message is that “WEB Client” refers  to the oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main. Shouldn’t this have changed to  v1_5? I found no reference to a new “engine.Main” file name in any of the  docs, and changing the v1_4 to v1_5 yielded a “file not found” error.

Any comments are appreciated. Please respond to **both** email addresses  below.

Thanks,

Jim Peterson
jpeter5558_at_aol.com
GHill_at_evalcomp.corr.ca.gov Received on Sun Oct 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message