Interview Questions...

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: 1997/10/25

[Quoted] I get some interview questions about Oracle. Could anyone knows the answers for the following questions?

  1. In Form4.5, the user can do a query in query mode. Is there any way [Quoted] such that the query is processing more faster? (i.e. not just in query mode)
  2. What are the differences between implicit and explicit cursors?
  3. What are the tools in Oracle that can be used to tune SQL statements?
  4. In Report, the content of the report contains two parts, left and [Quoted] right. Both parts are coming from the same table. Assume table PERSON store the rows which are student, lecturer or tutor. If we want the left part contains rows from PERSON who is student and the right part is select rows from PERSON who is teacher. There are two ways to do this. One way is using 1 SQL statment and the other is using 2 SQL statements. Which way do you prefer to use and why?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Sat Oct 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message