forms 3 SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS

From: Chris Eastwood <ua.ude.ug_at_doowtsae.c>
Date: 1997/10/24

HiYa

I was wanting to know if a form was in
enter query mode or not, so I thought that the system variable would give me the correct answer. I have put a message :

message(:SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS);

in a couple of places to inspect the result and I get NEW in the first place and QUERY in the second place.

so I would have thought that I was in enter query mode.

However, if I enter some info and press accept, I get a message from the form asking me to enter the info for one of the mandatory fields.

I odn't get this if I explicitly do F2, enter the query, then press F3.

So I think that I'm not in the mode that I think I'm in ..... I am not sure if I should just place an explicit enter_query in the startup trigger to land me in enter_query, of if that will nest the enter query mode.

Help

Thanks

---

Chris Eastwood                           email the mirror image above
Software Engineer                          ie->  doowtsae | eastwood
ITS                                      its a pain I know, but I think it'll
[Quoted] Griffith University                      fool the robot mailers (I hope;-)
[Quoted] Queensland                               if its all too hard, try the most
[Quoted] AUSTRALIA                                obvious address ;-)

'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
     If your Snark be a Boojum!  For then
You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
     And never be met with again!'