Re: Business Rules and Database Triggers

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/10/24

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997 17:45:52 -0700, Mike Chan <mike.chan_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:

> ...[SNIP]...
>For example, if I have function BUS0001 for :
>
> Rule #1 : All staff must be of age 18 to 50.
>
>Then, I will have module BUS0001 (tri-logic module) to implement
>this rule as DB Trigger. This is the only way I can think of.

Perhaps not strictly related to your general question, but for this particular example there is no need to use a trigger. It can be more easily implemented with a simple column CHECK constraint.

>Any suggestion/comment are welcome. Thanks
>
>Regards
>Mike
>Please reply to mailto:mike.chan_at_bigfoot.com as well.

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Oct 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message