Re: forms 3 SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS

From: Christian Mondrup <scancm_at_biobase.dk>
Date: 1997/10/23

Chris Eastwood (ua.ude.ug_at_doowtsae.c) wrote:
: HiYa

: I was wanting to know if a form was in
: enter query mode or not, so I thought that the system variable would
: give me the correct answer. I have put a message :

: message(:SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS);

: in a couple of places to inspect the result and I get NEW in the first
: place and QUERY in the second place.

: so I would have thought that I was in enter query mode.

If you look into the Forms Designer Reference manual you will see that the variable SYSTEM.FORM_STATUS gives you information on the the current form (where the cursor is) when the form is _not_ in query mode. Status QUERY tells you that a query is open and no record is changed, CHANGED that at least one record is changed and NEW that the form contains only new (non fetched) records. While form is in query mode I don't think you have any possibility - I never found one - to do test on the status of the form.

: However, if I enter some info and press accept, I get a message from
: the form asking me to enter the info for one of the mandatory fields.

: I odn't get this if I explicitly do F2, enter the query, then press
: F3.

: So I think that I'm not in the mode that I think I'm in ..... I am not
: sure if I should just place an explicit enter_query in the startup
: trigger to land me in enter_query, of if that will nest the enter
: query mode.

: Help

: Thanks

: ---

: Chris Eastwood email the mirror image above
: Software Engineer ie-> doowtsae | eastwood
: ITS its a pain I know, but I think it'll
: Griffith University fool the robot mailers (I hope;-)
: Queensland if its all too hard, try the most
: AUSTRALIA obvious address ;-)

: 'But oh, beamish nephew, beware of the day,
: If your Snark be a Boojum! For then
: You will softly and suddenly vanish away,
: And never be met with again!'

--
+   Christian Mondrup                                                     +