Re: Forms 4.5 - creating records

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/10/22

Try putting a

        next_record ;
at the bottom of the loop

Mark Parssey (markpa_at_delm.tas.gov.au) wrote:
: My problem is to fill a table with new records, not so much query the table
: it is attached to.

: I have a couple of tables I want to pick from and when I have done this
: build entries combing info. from the first two tables plus some user input
: and then write them to another table.

: I have been able to write a cursor loop using the values supplied from the
: 2 tables.
: This does a fetch into the approp. fields in the table BUT while it loops
: OK all records are written to the first row of the table.

: How do I get it to move to the next row(s) of the table.

: I have my cursor in a when-validate-item which prevents the use of
: next-record, a restricted procedure.
: The when-validate seems to me where I want the code and I'm not sure that a
: next-record is the fix I need.
: However, I'm open to any suggestions.

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you