Forms 4.5 - creating records

From: Mark Parssey <markpa_at_delm.tas.gov.au>
Date: 1997/10/22

[Quoted] My problem is to fill a table with new records, not so much query the table it is attached to.

[Quoted] I have a couple of tables I want to pick from and when I have done this build entries combing info. from the first two tables plus some user input and then write them to another table.

[Quoted] I have been able to write a cursor loop using the values supplied from the 2 tables.
This does a fetch into the approp. fields in the table BUT while it loops OK all records are written to the first row of the table.

[Quoted] How do I get it to move to the next row(s) of the table.

[Quoted] I have my cursor in a when-validate-item which prevents the use of next-record, a restricted procedure.
The when-validate seems to me where I want the code and I'm not sure that a next-record is the fix I need.
However, I'm open to any suggestions. Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message