Forms 4.5 : Passing data from Forms Variables to Clipboard

From: Orbit Team <orbit.tech_at_pop3.hiway.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/22

I am trying to solve the following problem :

I have to be able to insert a block of pre-defined text into the middle of a string displayed within a forms text item. I am wondering if anyone know how i can use the forms 4.5 and the clipboard to insert a string after the cursor position within a text field as you would say in notepad with cut and paste.

The form currently allows the user to pick the pre-defined text from a LOV and adds this text to the end of the string displayed within the text item

eg
Before

      Text item = 'The cat sat on the mat'
      LOV item = 'in front of the fire' transforms to
After
      Text item = 'The cat sat on the mat in front of the fire'

What i need to be able to achieve is

eg
Before

      Text item = 'The cat sat || on the mat' where || represent the cursor position within the text item

      LOV item = 'with a big grin'
After

      Text item = The cat sat with a big grin on the mat'

The cut and paste has to happen transparently to the user.

Regards

Mark Deacon Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message