Win NT, getting rid of not needed services

From: Joseph S. Testa <jtesta_at_scioto.net>
Date: 1997/10/21

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms3F28423760B9C3B99104B7D6

While looking for something else in NT docs(as well as reading dba pipeline on www.revealnet.com), here is the answer to a question I saw about 3 weeks ago and I dont remember if i ever saw the answer. The question was, how do i get rid of services entries on databases that i no longer have. Well of course it lives in the registry(somewhere), but since i am not well versed in the windoze ways(I'm a unix type person). at the nt command line(dos prompt :) ), type oradim7x where x = 2 or 3, depending on what version of oracle you are running(or oradim80, if running oracle 8).

This will run oracle instance manager, it will pop up a box where you can select the database that you dont want any more and click on delete, and poof, the entry for that database is gone out of services. Hope this helps someone and I didnt just waste bandwidth :)

joe

--
Joseph S. Testa, Oracle Database Administrator, mailto:jtesta_at_scioto.net

Vice-President Ohio Oracle Users Group, try http://web.scioto.net/jtesta

That is also the place to find the FREE, "how do I build a second,
third, etc, instance, without using oracle's installer, database
scripts.
ICQ UIN: 4252226(Joe-N8XCT, Home) UIN: 2832230(&oracle, work).

--------------ms3F28423760B9C3B99104B7D6