Re: Wanted: a substitute for SQL*Plus

From: Paul Brewer <paulb_at_pbrewer.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/10/21

In article <3447431B.771C_at_bmw.de>, Wolfgang Pest <Wolfgang.Pest_at_bmw.de> writes
>I've heard of a tool that substitutes SQL*Plus, but is better.
>But I can't remember its name nor the URL where I can get
>informations about it.
>Can you give me a hint?
>(Preferrably into the newsgroup, so that the others see when
>I already have got the answer)
>Thanks in advance,
Not substitutes; complements.
[Quoted] IMHO, SQL*Plus is great for some things, but for ad hoc selects it is appalling, because of the layout.
Try Mark Ford's Golden32 - available from www.tiac.net. It is 25 (or something) dollars shareware, for which I would pay considerably more.
I have no connection with him, other than being an (exteremely) satisfied customer.
Hope this helps.
Paul Brewer Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message