Re: Problem: Can move away from an empty, mandatory item!

From: Juergen <jbrardt_at_stud.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1997/10/21

On 18 Oct 1997 17:43:54 GMT, stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu (Steve Cosner) wrote:

>I do something quite opposite: on required items, I set their
>Required property to false, but then check the items when the user
>presses commit (or sometimes when they try to leave the row). This
>allows more navigation around a multi-block form, and I think is more
>user-friendly.
>
>Regards,
>Steve Cosner
>http://members.aol.com/stevec5088

Hi !

Another, easier (?), way to allow users to navigate out of 'required' items is the following:

   set_application_property
(<your_form_module>,defer_required_enforcement, property_true);

It will save the code for checking all the items before commiting...

cu

Juergen

jbrardt_at_stud.uni-hannover.de Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message