Re: FORMS 4.5: prevent Forms messages

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/19

Hi Manfred

Yes, forms developers do know that constraints exist.

Check out the Oracle Utilities page on my web site (http://members.aol.com/jomarlen and you'll find an article on that very subject.

There are other ways, but the *secret* is to check whether delete is allowed before deleting the record in the form. It saves worrying about workarounds!

John

John C. Lennon
Utility Partners Inc.
4300 West Tropicana Blvd LVO-UPL
Las Vegas NV 89103

FOR UTILITY PARTNERS EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITIES VISIT www.utilpart.com

e-mail: jomarlen_at_aol.com
Web Site: http://members.aol.com/jomarlen/

The views expressed in this message
are those of the author and not
necessarily those of U.P. Inc.
and/or its employees.

>Subject: Re: FORMS 4.5: prevent Forms messages
>From: Derek Hardy <derekh_at_teknosys.co.uk>
>Date: Sun, Oct 19, 1997 15:45 EDT
>
>Use :SYSTEM.message_level, i.e.
>
>:SYSTEM.message_level := 5; -- Suppress Messages
 COMMIT;