Re: Oracle DB Junkie Suffering Painful Withdrawal!!!

From: Yakub <yakub_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/10/19

dtderekson_at_aol.com (DTDerekson) writes: > My current job responsibilities are not allowing me to continue broadening my
> Oracle database skills at work so I must opt for self-education on my home PC.
> I keep hearing about a product called Personal Oracle but surfed Oracle's site
> and wasn't able to get the answers to all my questions there. Would anyone
> out there know if this product would enable me to build tables and develop
> PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers, etc. on my stand-alone PC or is this
> primarily a client-side product, intended to be used in conjunction with a
> UNIX-based server? (E.g. the objects in there are created via user-friendly
> downloads from the main server).
>
> My focus at this time is to solidify my recent 2-year client server development
> experience. Topics I wish to continue to focus upon are view creation /
> performance tuning, PL/SQL (procedures and triggers), and the "many facets of
> ODBC"?. Any suggestions as to how I might do this from my home PC (without
> logging into the work computers or spending $$$$$ for my own UNIX box) are
> much appreciated.
>
> E-amile responses are also appreciated. Thank you in advance for your kind advice!

You can get a copy of Personal Oracle7.3xx or even Oracle8 (some way some how) and continue to develop database procedures, Tune database, model database design, design configurations for database applications, and learn how to use Oracle8 message processing within an object oriented way. These things will make you highly marketable. This is what I am focusing on.
yakub_at_eroles.com