MAX_OPEN_CURSORS - How to set on W95/NT? URGENT!

From: <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/10/18

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am trying to set up my home pc running Personal Oracle 7 for [Quoted] [Quoted] Windows95 so I can do a demo of some heavy duty forms. These require [Quoted] boosting the max_open_cursors setting since I keep getting the ORA-00604 too many open cursors message.

I have gone into the Registry and added a string: MAX_OPEN_CURSORS, and set the value to 200. I tried this at the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE level, and below this at the ORACLE_HOMES level and the ORACLE1 level below that. (Actually, I have an entry at each level) But after restarting Windows, PO7, and the Form with the problem, I still hit the limit at the same place.

Where is the right place to put this entry?

Thanks in advance for any replies. Please email me if you can--sometimes posted messages don't get through.

Steve Cosner