Form returns 'Data Not Saved' after a successful COMMIT!!

From: (wrong string) ªü´ö Thenardier <Thenardier_at_POBoxes.com>
Date: 1997/10/18

[Quoted] Hi all,

The problem is as subject. The form returns 'Data Not Saved' message even when records are successfully INSERTed and COMMITted.

I generate the form using Data Module Diagrammer in which i specify a table, say, TABLE_A to display on the form. But, in run time, i need to use the information from TABLE_A to insert new records in to *another* table TABLE_B. That TABLE_B is not included in the Data Module Diagrammer.

Some say when saving record, D2K would do a COMMIT_FORM to the form that is included in the Data Module Diagrammer (in the case, TABLE_A). In my case the included one is TABLE_B instead of TABLE_A. So the D2K would do COMMIT_FORM to TABLE_A (but nothing to be commited) only. As a result, the form returns 'data not save' message even TABLE_B is manually committed.

What should i do to this? Thanx!

Thenard Received on Sat Oct 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message