any suggestions to make Oracle Forms faster on the Web?

From: Phil Lee <wt786_at_freenet.Victoria.BC.CA>
Date: 1997/10/17

Hi,

I have an Oracle Forms application to be deployed on the Web. My client is accessing the Forms application on the Web server using a 56kbps modem and it is taking a very long time to download the Forms Client applet from the Server in order to run the application.

I want to know is it possible store the Forms Client applet on the client machine so he doesn't have to dwnload it to run the application?

Also, I would like to know if I can just download the application but don't it using the Web browser, so that I can run it using the appletviewer came with Developer/2000 for the Web?

TIA. Received on Fri Oct 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message