Re: Personal Oracle 7 - Forms 4.5 - ORA-03121

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/10/16

In article <01bcd8fe$8bd7cdc0$a97438cb_at_Zed.access.net.au>,   "Presto Data Pty Ltd" <peteryates_at_access.net.au> wrote:
> I've installed PO7 and Developer 2000 under Win95 from the Oracle Unleashed
> SAMS CD. Oracle fires up OK and I can access the local database from
> SQL*PLUS. The problem comes with Developer 2000. From Forms 4.5 or
> Procedure Builder, whenever I try and connect I get -
>
> ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed

This has become a frequently asked question on the tools newsgroup. I looked up references to "sams" in dejanews (http://www.dejanews.com/) using their "search filter" on the comp.databases.oracle.tools newsgroup. There are lots of articles, several with your answer. Below is one from August 22.

HTH
Steve Cosner
http://members.aol.com/stevec5088

Subject:      Re: Yet another newbie trying to get D2k trial to work.
From:         JDug_at_voicenet.com
Date:         1997/08/22

Thanks for the information, it was indeed a problem of a 16-bit Forms trying to connect to the 32-bit PO7.

There's release notes under PO7win95\Win95\readme.doc which explains hooking up 16-bit apps. What you've got to do is run PO7win95\Windows\setup.exe which will install the Oracle Required Support Files. (which I thought I already did under Orainst.exe----????)

Anyway, it worked, I was able to connect from the Forms designer, as well as build the Forms demo tables (from the Start menus) and run the Forms demos (all as Scott/Tiger)

Hope this helps somebody out there.

<snip>