Re: newbie question

From: Jomarlen <jomarlen_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/14

Hi Bill

You need a look up to the foreign key table in a When_Validate_Item trigger.

When_Validate_Item Trigger for :client.Receipt_No

DECLARE
t_Receipt_no Receipt.receipt_no%TYPE;

CURSOR Receipt_Cur IS

   SELECT receipt_no

       From receipt
    WHERE receipt_no = :client.receipt_no; BEGIN
  OPEN Receipt_Cur;
    FETCH Receipt_Cur
      INTO t_Receipt_no;
  CLOSE Receipt_Cur;

 IF t_Receipt_Cur IS NOT NULL THEN
   Message('That receipt number already exists')    RAISE Form_Trigger_Failure;
  END IF;
END; Regards
John

John C. Lennon