Re: OCI questions

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/10/11

there is a makefile in the rdbms/demo directory to build the demos. do an

$ ls *.mk

to find it. it might be oracle.mk, rdbms_demo.mk for example. then, to build a sample simply:

$ make -f oracle.mk cdemo1

On Sat, 11 Oct 1997 16:27:45 GMT, teetshd_at_email.uc.edu (Greg Teets) wrote:

>When I try to compile the first OCI example, I just get a bunch of
>errors. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong. I thought it would
>compile OK since the sample executable works fine.
>
>Linking cdemo1.exe:
>Linker Warning: No module definition file specified: using defaults
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _obndrv in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _oparse in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _odescr in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _oexfet in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _odefin in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _ocof in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _oopen in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _orlon in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _oclose in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _oerhms in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _ocom in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _oexec in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _ofetch in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _obndrn in module CDEMO1.C
>Linker Error: Undefined symbol _ologof in module CDEMO1.C
>
>On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 18:40:15 -0700, Tsurng-Chen Chern
><maxchern_at_kazakhstan.it.earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Check out $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/demo directory, it got every
>>thing you'll ever need.
>>

>>On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Rich Tsui wrote:
>>
>>> Hi OCI gurus,
>>>
>>> I am just starting to write OCI program in C. However, I have no
>>> idea which libraries I need to link and where the header files
>>> (oratypes.h, ociapr.h, ocidem.h) are. Could any one help me? Besides,
>>> I use the book Oracle
>>> Developer's Guide by McClanahan. Is there any ftp site where his codes
>>> are available?
>>>
>>> Have a nice weekend!
>>>
>>> Rich Tsui
>>> University of Pittsburgh
>>>

>>Max Chern, Unix Software Engineer | Voice: 818-296-5014
>>EarthLink Network, Inc. | Fax: 818-296-5113
>>maxchern_at_earthlink.net | 3100 New York Dr., Ste 201
>>http://www.earthlink.net/ | Pasadena, CA 91107

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat Oct 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message